With Chinese New Year's approaching, I feel more and more homesick.
I went to the post office at Kings Hway today. The lady with great singing has been very nice to me. As she heard the mail to Taiwan, she told me that her friends were going home in Taiwan for vacation.
"Right, Chinese New Year is coming soon..." I said.
"Happy Chinese New Year!" she said, as I was about to leave.
I finally took a suit to the laundry place for dry clean and hope that it brings good luck with job hunting. Two weeks ago, I found this laundry place a block away from my apartment. The lady was smiling at me when I walked in. And, she said, "new customer?" I noticed the background radio broadcasting in Mandarin and siad,"對阿!" She is the first person in my neighborhood I spoke to in Chinese.
The Chinese restaurant at the corner is owned by Jews. Their dishes smell good whenever I go by, but the price is not. One day, I will give it a try. I wonder if they would have Chinese New Year special deal?! ;-)
Well, well, well....
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment