Saturday, June 10, 2006

燒餅飯糰




I went to a Chinese restaurant close to NYU where I used to order lunch to go. Food was not bad, always a portion big enough for two meals for me; especially, it's cheap in NYC! And the people at that restaurant are nice; they always give discount for me. Usually, I go twice a week. Last Monday, I found that they have Dim Sum for weekend brunch on the menu!! I was so excited and waiting for today to come just for the 燒餅 油條 飯糰.... I miss them so much! This morning, I went there for lunch. People there were surprised that I ordered those things.... and not sure if they had those things I want in the kitchen. So they checked and told me that they don't have 油條. They honestly told me that some food could not be preserved for a long time, so they may not have something I want on the menu.... (I was kind of worried when I heard that. I was the only one who ordered those thing there.) At least, I still had the small heated frozen "燒"餅 and 飯糰, but without 油條..... I should have known that those things were frozen food; they didn't make them from scratch. So, kind of disappointed, though. It made me miss the "real" 燒餅油條飯糰 even more.... QQ By the way, the fortune cookie today was "you are generous to an extreme and always think of the other fellow." I think I will still go there, but just for normal lunch to go...

2 comments:

tammy said...

Wen! I love dim sum. I have been meaning to call you, but something always come up on the weekends. But let's try to get together some weekend and go for dim sum together (in Chinatown) - or we can try other foods. NYC is great for food and it is so much cheaper than Carlisle.

anyways, good luck studying.

Wen said...

Welcome to "New Life", Tammy!
Sure! Great!
Do you have my phone number?

Good luck studying and planning for your wedding, too.