Wednesday, May 31, 2006

........

JD was a goal I was trying to achieve for the past year; now I get it. But, when it comes to three more year studying, I hesitate. Now, I am 23, still young I know, but when I will start working for the first time at 26. Starting to have a full time job at 26 should be old.... Besides, the financial problem is a big issue here, and I am not sure if it will be better to have a JD. I would like to have a job in the US, but it should be difficult for a foreigner to get permit to work here. If without a job, going back to Taiwan, start from o, the same salary as other freshmen...... Well, ???? If I am not going to JD, what will happen? Either starting to find a job, it is still difficult to get a job in US. Going back to Taiwan, starting form 0, what kind of job I should have without a license in TW. Well, as I think of it, it seems to me that I have no choice but work as hard as I can to pass Bar!!! And at least, I have something and feel kind of certain. Go for it!

7 comments:

陶樂絲鄧 said...

You have too many options Wen. (I say this too myself too)

Congrets and good luck. Don't worry too much.

Wen said...

Thanks a lot, Dorothy!
Good Luck to you, too!
Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wen, I noticed your blog from Dorothy's blog.
I am also a Taiwanese who went to law school in the US.
Don't worry too much about job and future now, just focus on your study.
Good grades will help you to get a summer offer, which will then lead to permenant position.
Work permit is not a problem once you're hired by US law firm.
Good luck!

Wen said...

Hi 葉狀師學長,
Welcome!
之前經一個朋友Richard知道你的部落格,還有驚人的事蹟之後,開始定期看你po的文章,只是一直潛水...也挖了許多寶!
呵呵,常常因為你的幽默有趣的文筆,笑到不行...也發現原來我們都來自指南山下的法學院,只是我是雙修生...
很謝謝學長的建議和鼓勵,我會好好加油的!

Anonymous said...

Wen,

法律&OO雙修?不管是什麼都很令人佩服!
原來Wen也是指南法網的成員,看來我們指南劍派將來應該可以鴻圖大展才是。
Richard? 想來應該不是我認識的哪幾個理查之一,不知有無部落格可供參考?
有空來紐約記得跟我說一聲,別的不敢說,招待妳吃頓飯略盡東道之誼是基本的。
不要再潛水啦,要留言啦!不然覺得我像失智老人整天自言自語的...

Wen said...

學長,
那真是不巧, ^_^
我正在NYU上BarBri....
目前覺得pass的機率比零還小...

Richard的部落格,改天問問再提供
他是Penn State 2L,跟學長一樣攜家帶眷在美國打拼!

好, 等一下去留言!

Anonymous said...

you're in NYC?
let me know how to reach you.