Wednesday, July 18, 2007

jazz up!

I like jazz since I went to the first jazz festival in my life a month ago. It is creative, respectful and lively. Thanks to Cynthia, I really enjoyed the concerts. The festival lasted for a weekend. I have to say that I did not appreciate it at the beginning. But the more I listened, the more I understood. I think that it takes some patience and a relaxed mind to let the jazz come into your feelings. A lady at the concert told me that the jazz was dying becasue not many people cared about it, compared with pop music. In fact, 95% of the people attending the concert that weekend were middle aged. It's kind of sad though. But I believe that most of the people would enjoy the jazz if they ever have the chance to feel its beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like jazz! Am I a "middle-age" girl? I listen to jazz on 愛樂電台 every night.

BTW, my mom and sister will have a nine-day trip to California. It's a pity that I can't go with them :(

Wen said...

Huifen,
Please sign up the facebook (http:www.facebook.com)! And join the "Georgetown EFL Alumni" Group.
Still remember the 2003 summer at DC?