Friday, February 20, 2009

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Murphy's law applies to me when I neglected a thought flashing through my mind and replaced that thought with my excuse of its unlikelihood. Alas! Not my day, it did happen.

I thought my cell phone should work fine. I know a land line should be more reliable. Somewhere inside me, a thought or voice saying that maybe something would happen. Right, I ignored it.

The phone did not ring when it was supposed to while I was waiting for a phone interview. Waited and waited. Just in case, before I emailed a "friendly reminder," I skyped out my phone, and, oh no, a belated troubleshooting. My cell phone did not ring at all before it transferred the call to my voice mail.

So, never again ignore that inner random murmer inside me. Just in case....

No comments: